Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Tattoos and being broken

Exactly a month ago this article was published online 5 Reasons Why Girls With Tattoos And Piercings Are Broken. As you might realise this article kicked off a massive debate where mostly women but also some men thinking that this is unacceptable.






The reaction to this article didn't surprise me at all for the fact that the article is written for men and therefore written in a more vulgar way than the fluffy cloud articles that girls read in women's magazines. One part of me is slightly disgusted by the language he uses in the article but there is a side of me that actually doesn't disagree with Matt Forney. I don't have any tattoos or piercings myself but the only time I've ever considered it has been when I've been unsure of myself and being so-called "broken". This makes me believe that most girls with piercings or tattoos were in a similar position when they decided to mark themselves for life.
If you choose to read the article and overlook the language you will probably understand that a lot of it is true. It has even been scientifically proven. Science Confirms Tattooed Women Are Indeed Broken.
So why this big uproar about a simple article posted on a website for men? Well to me the answer is simple; girls don't like to hear the truth and as a girl myself I can admit that. Yes, Matt Forney might be a bit harsh when saying that men should avoid girls with piercings and tattoos but he's speaking from his own experience and his own experience shows that these girls can't be trusted.
Matt Forney has also got threats because of this article. People have said they are going to find him and kill him which has led to him having to hide from these people. I'm not the one to judge but doesn't this speak for itself? No one with all their screws in the right place would threaten someone because of an article. They would possibly comment on the post and raise their opinion but never go as far as wanting to kill someone.
In the end this reaction comes down to the issue of people taking out their anger on the completely wrong thing. These girls are being upset for being called sluts, broken and boring not because someone has something against tattoos which is what the article actually is about. So maybe they should aim their anger at the right place instead of threatening a man who simply tried to entertain men with a slightly comical article.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Thought on friendship

I have now finished my first year of university. It is a strange feeling knowing that in two years time I will be done with university and moving on with my life but it is also a good feeling knowing I've been through another year filled with experiences and new insight on life. One thing I knew before university but never really appreciated as much as now was the value of friendship. This year I've made friends that I want to make an effort to keep in touch with. I had fight with friends but sorted it out because it was more important to me than leaving it and just staying friends with the people I got along with and the most important thing, I've learnt who I can trust. Being a friend is not just finding someone else funny and listening to them talking about interesting things, it is also about hearing someone complaining about the same thing over and over even though you give them advice what to do. It is accepting that this person might never take your advice but you w

To me he is Sméagol

After finishing Lord of The Rings and the Hobbit my attitude towards the books is easy to describe; I'm in love with the books. As much as it is a struggle to get through Lord of The Rings I enjoyed every word of it and the Hobbit only made me like J.R.R Tolkien even more. One thing that made me love the books was Sméagol (Gollum). The character added a lot of entertainment but also food for thought in so many ways. We are constantly thrown between Sméagol and Gollum and the inner fight he has with himself of what he is. The reason for me feeling so connected to Sméagol is probably due to the fact that I believe everyone can relate to the feelings he is going through, especially in the society now-a-days where we often let our urge of having something can lead to us changing our behavior completely. Sméagol is one of the few characters in the book that is not purely good or bad, he switches between the two, in extreme ways. As strange as it might sound, he is just an exaggerated

Dear my unborn child

For almost nine months I've been carrying you. When I learnt that I was going to become a mother I was excited, confused and scared at the same time. How would I be able to bring a child into this world where there is so much hatred, war and horrible things happening. Little did I know. I wasn't bringing this child into a world with all that. I'll be bringing you into a world where we are fighting a war against something this world hasn't experienced before. You will be born into a world where hundreds of people even thousands die on a daily basis because of a virus, something unstoppable that has created a world where people are afraid of walking side by side. Where someone coughs and everyone around him moves away. People can't leave their houses without the fear of getting ill. You will be born into a world where no one goes safe. I always dreamt about holding you in my arms for the first time. Your grandparents meeting you and my friends and family seeing you f