Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Dear my unborn child

For almost nine months I've been carrying you. When I learnt that I was going to become a mother I was excited, confused and scared at the same time. How would I be able to bring a child into this world where there is so much hatred, war and horrible things happening. Little did I know. I wasn't bringing this child into a world with all that. I'll be bringing you into a world where we are fighting a war against something this world hasn't experienced before. You will be born into a world where hundreds of people even thousands die on a daily basis because of a virus, something unstoppable that has created a world where people are afraid of walking side by side. Where someone coughs and everyone around him moves away. People can't leave their houses without the fear of getting ill. You will be born into a world where no one goes safe.
I always dreamt about holding you in my arms for the first time. Your grandparents meeting you and my friends and family seeing you from your first days on earth and see you grow up. This won't be happening. You will have to be protected from everyone apart from your mother and father and not even that is sure. I don't longer worry for me, I worry for you. I'm not scared to get ill, I am scared I will have to be separated from you.
Dear my unborn child, this world will never be the same and you will never know what was here before this all happened. You will only look back at pictures and wonder where all the people were. Where was the excitement about you being born? Didn't people want to meet you? Believe me, it hurts my heart that I won't be able to introduce you to the world the way you deserve. You will make a grand entrance, you will mean the world to me and to the people that should be here. One day, hopefully not too long from now, you will meet these people and they will love you but until then you will be shared through a screen.
They say your whole world changes when you become a mother. In this case the whole world is changing and it's scary. If scary even is the word. It's terrifying because while going into the unknown without the support network I expected to have to make sure you get everything you need I will be going into the unknown that no one knows about. What will be with the world? What will be with all the people that lost their jobs? What will be with you? My whole world will be changing and it won't just be because of you. You will simply be the light in all this darkness.
My dear unborn child, this was not what I imagined and it's far from what I wished for the two of us but this is where we are at the moment. We are not alone. We'll have each other, we'll have your father and we will have the support from everyone else just from a distance. They say always together, never apart. Maybe at distance but not at heart. And we will learn this the hard way. We will survive this together. We will together see the world change and we can only hope for the best.
It's almost been nine months since you began to change my world and soon you will come out to a world that changes completely but I can't wait to let you be the positivity in all this, the one thing I will remember when I look back at this time. There might not be as much hatred and war but there is more fear, uncertainty and challenges than ever before.
For a few more weeks you will be safe inside me but I promise you that I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe when you come out because after all, that is the one thing I imagined about bringing you into this world that I can actually stand by.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Thought on friendship

I have now finished my first year of university. It is a strange feeling knowing that in two years time I will be done with university and moving on with my life but it is also a good feeling knowing I've been through another year filled with experiences and new insight on life. One thing I knew before university but never really appreciated as much as now was the value of friendship. This year I've made friends that I want to make an effort to keep in touch with. I had fight with friends but sorted it out because it was more important to me than leaving it and just staying friends with the people I got along with and the most important thing, I've learnt who I can trust. Being a friend is not just finding someone else funny and listening to them talking about interesting things, it is also about hearing someone complaining about the same thing over and over even though you give them advice what to do. It is accepting that this person might never take your advice but you w

To me he is Sméagol

After finishing Lord of The Rings and the Hobbit my attitude towards the books is easy to describe; I'm in love with the books. As much as it is a struggle to get through Lord of The Rings I enjoyed every word of it and the Hobbit only made me like J.R.R Tolkien even more. One thing that made me love the books was Sméagol (Gollum). The character added a lot of entertainment but also food for thought in so many ways. We are constantly thrown between Sméagol and Gollum and the inner fight he has with himself of what he is. The reason for me feeling so connected to Sméagol is probably due to the fact that I believe everyone can relate to the feelings he is going through, especially in the society now-a-days where we often let our urge of having something can lead to us changing our behavior completely. Sméagol is one of the few characters in the book that is not purely good or bad, he switches between the two, in extreme ways. As strange as it might sound, he is just an exaggerated