Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

20Chai is over but life continues

2018 has been an interesting year, just like every year. Nothing really exciting has happened this year but I have a very good feeling my next year will be an interesting one. This year I've been working, gone to Eilat, attempted to plan holidays that haven't happened, exercised and basically traveled back and forth to Tel Aviv more than the train (then again that's not too hard since it still doesn't go all the way). However, this year I have learnt a lot of life lessons and what better way to end the year than to dwell in all the things that went wrong.

1. Stay calm!
This has to be my first rule because this year I've pressured myself a lot in many different aspects. By pressuring myself I've been also been driving my friends insane. Things come at the right time and sometimes staying calm will make things so much more worth it.

Staying calm is also extremely important when arguing. As everyone most likely is aware of, arguments happen and sometimes over the smallest thing but if you take a deep breath and think about what a silly little thing you're getting annoyed about you can easily avoid conflict. Believe me, I've gotten into fights about cutting tomatoes simply because I didn't stay calm.

2. Speak up!
We all have things that bother us. Some things because of our own personality but also some things because of other people not behaving the way that is considered the decent way of behaving. I made the mistake for too long letting people treat me badly. Instead of speaking up from the beginning I let it continue and if you've let it happen once it's very hard to stop it from happening again. In many cases it gets to get point of no return and you have to accept that because you didn't speak up you've now made your bed and you'll think "If only I'd said something earlier".

3. Ask for help!
This year I have grown a lot in many aspects of my life. At work, personal development, health wise and understanding the world better. I couldn't do this by myself but with some help I managed to figure things out. By asking for help you are not accepting defeat, you are accepting that sometimes you simply can't make it on your own and that is ok. People are stronger together. We should all know that by now.

4. Find good things!
I know that it is extremely hard to find good things at bad times but there is always something positive going on. It might not be related to that particular situation but if you have something positive happening in life it might be easier to focus on that while the bad things get resolved. It's ok to be sad and it's ok to not be optimistic at all times but it is also ok to try to focus on the good things and be happy even when times are hard.

These life lessons are things I hope to bring with me into the next year and hopefully you all will too.
Have an amazing ending of this year and a Happy New Year. Hopefully 2019 will be the best one so far.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Thought on friendship

I have now finished my first year of university. It is a strange feeling knowing that in two years time I will be done with university and moving on with my life but it is also a good feeling knowing I've been through another year filled with experiences and new insight on life. One thing I knew before university but never really appreciated as much as now was the value of friendship. This year I've made friends that I want to make an effort to keep in touch with. I had fight with friends but sorted it out because it was more important to me than leaving it and just staying friends with the people I got along with and the most important thing, I've learnt who I can trust. Being a friend is not just finding someone else funny and listening to them talking about interesting things, it is also about hearing someone complaining about the same thing over and over even though you give them advice what to do. It is accepting that this person might never take your advice but you w

Dear my unborn child

For almost nine months I've been carrying you. When I learnt that I was going to become a mother I was excited, confused and scared at the same time. How would I be able to bring a child into this world where there is so much hatred, war and horrible things happening. Little did I know. I wasn't bringing this child into a world with all that. I'll be bringing you into a world where we are fighting a war against something this world hasn't experienced before. You will be born into a world where hundreds of people even thousands die on a daily basis because of a virus, something unstoppable that has created a world where people are afraid of walking side by side. Where someone coughs and everyone around him moves away. People can't leave their houses without the fear of getting ill. You will be born into a world where no one goes safe. I always dreamt about holding you in my arms for the first time. Your grandparents meeting you and my friends and family seeing you f

To me he is Sméagol

After finishing Lord of The Rings and the Hobbit my attitude towards the books is easy to describe; I'm in love with the books. As much as it is a struggle to get through Lord of The Rings I enjoyed every word of it and the Hobbit only made me like J.R.R Tolkien even more. One thing that made me love the books was Sméagol (Gollum). The character added a lot of entertainment but also food for thought in so many ways. We are constantly thrown between Sméagol and Gollum and the inner fight he has with himself of what he is. The reason for me feeling so connected to Sméagol is probably due to the fact that I believe everyone can relate to the feelings he is going through, especially in the society now-a-days where we often let our urge of having something can lead to us changing our behavior completely. Sméagol is one of the few characters in the book that is not purely good or bad, he switches between the two, in extreme ways. As strange as it might sound, he is just an exaggerated