Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

20chai

It's been a while. It's been way too long but there honestly hasn't been enough time to process the last 6 months for me to be able to sit down and put my feelings into words. I've now lived in Israel for almost half a year and I am starting 2018 with a stomach bug but with so much happiness in my life. I am not going to lie, the last 6 months have been challenging and frustrating at times, but it is all worth it in the end or so I would hope at least. When you move to a new country there are a millions of things to adjust to. For me the hardest adjustment was probably accepting the fact that this is where I am settling down. No more moving around trying to find myself because let's face it, there's only so many places a person can live until it gets exhausting to feel like you have several different homes but yet none of those places feel permanent. Please G-D, Israel will be the place where home actually feels like home.
So what inspired me to get back to my blog? I think it is time for a positive post. For once, I feel like I have everything put together. After 5 months of "intense" studying Hebrew I found a job, a flat and great people around me. I have to say that I have been extremely blessed with everything going so smoothly but although it is all mostly luck I also worked so hard to get here. It took time to know how to find a job, be able to ignore the people around me that brought me down and being brave enough to throw myself out in the society and become fully Israeli.
So, after I now told you how awesome my life is and how excited I am for 2018 I should probably share my insights from the previous year. How did I get to this point?
Firstly, I got to know myself. It is so easy to get caught up in what the society and the people around you expect from you. When I realized that I couldn't be myself in the environment where I was living I decided to go somewhere else and be myself. Without knowing yourself there is no way you will ever feel settled. If the people around you limits you from finding out who you are you need to surround yourself with people that want to enable you to be the best version of yourself.
Secondly, I decided to find my priorities in life. Not everything is important to do straight away and some things don't have to be done at all. We are not robots or super humans and we will never have time for everything that we would want to do in life. This means that sometimes you simply have to say no to make time for the more important things. What's important varies from each one of us and it's for you as an individual to figure out what you need to do for yourself to be happy.
Thirdly. sometimes you just have to let things go. We might never get that apology we are waiting for or the explanation we feel we need to understand why someone treated us a particular way. There are also some questions in life that we might not get our answers to and that is OK. For us to move forward in our lives we sometimes need to learn that we can't understand everything and maybe we're not meant to either. Sometimes it is healthier for ourselves to simply say "this is how it is and there is nothing we can do about it". That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to change the situation we're in or understand things about our lives. We should always look for the answers because that will help us understand ourselves even if we don't get the same answers as we were looking for in the beginning. Letting go simply means to know when your chase for the truth becomes more straining than helpful. I've learnt that forgiving is more freeing than holding a grudge. The best revenge you can get on anyone or anything is to move forward. If you stop letting things get to you I can promise you that you'll be a lot happier and the other person won't be able to understand how you could simply move on with your life. Karma works in that way that if you can be happy even when you've been hurt, the person who gets hurt in the end is the one who aimed at you first. I'm not saying that you should want to hurt anyone but sometimes there is a lesson to be learnt by both sides and you can teach the other side the lesson that bringing someone down will only bite you back.
Lastly, life isn't always easy. There will be ups and downs. All these things shapes you in to who you are and what you want to become. The second we accept that there are hard things in life we are already many steps ahead on our journey to a good life. It's all about how we learn from each situation and how we move forward. During the hard times we need to find a way to push through and during the good times we need to learn to appreciate what we've got. I'm no expert but I have found happiness and I wish that this year you all will.

Happy New Year!

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Thought on friendship

I have now finished my first year of university. It is a strange feeling knowing that in two years time I will be done with university and moving on with my life but it is also a good feeling knowing I've been through another year filled with experiences and new insight on life. One thing I knew before university but never really appreciated as much as now was the value of friendship. This year I've made friends that I want to make an effort to keep in touch with. I had fight with friends but sorted it out because it was more important to me than leaving it and just staying friends with the people I got along with and the most important thing, I've learnt who I can trust. Being a friend is not just finding someone else funny and listening to them talking about interesting things, it is also about hearing someone complaining about the same thing over and over even though you give them advice what to do. It is accepting that this person might never take your advice but you w

Dear my unborn child

For almost nine months I've been carrying you. When I learnt that I was going to become a mother I was excited, confused and scared at the same time. How would I be able to bring a child into this world where there is so much hatred, war and horrible things happening. Little did I know. I wasn't bringing this child into a world with all that. I'll be bringing you into a world where we are fighting a war against something this world hasn't experienced before. You will be born into a world where hundreds of people even thousands die on a daily basis because of a virus, something unstoppable that has created a world where people are afraid of walking side by side. Where someone coughs and everyone around him moves away. People can't leave their houses without the fear of getting ill. You will be born into a world where no one goes safe. I always dreamt about holding you in my arms for the first time. Your grandparents meeting you and my friends and family seeing you f

and here we go again

I think I have tried many things to blog about I've hardly managed to keep a blog with weekly updates. That is why I am giving this blog a try. I am getting tired of all these blogs where people just write about their feelings without actually coming to a conclusion and it is usually just daily rant about life. I can't deny that my previous blogs haven't been like that because they have but I think I am ready to actually take a step out of ranting about how lousy my life is. My life might still be lousy but at least I can try to get other people to get something out of it. This blog won't cover a specific topic. It will rather cover things happening in the world, my life and other subjects I might find interesting. Hopefully people will find it interesting since it will be a wide blog. At least I'm hoping that my thoughts might interest people and inspire people to some level. As a student I can't promise posts everyday but I can promise you that an update wil