Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

22 things I've learnt in 22 years

Tomorrow I am turning 23 years old. This means that I should be one year older and therefore wiser. We learn new things from before we are born and these things are lessons that we take with us as we grow older. Since I've lived 22 years I am going to share 22 things I've learnt in my life. Most of them are probably things I've learnt this year though.

1. Never say never - I said I would never do a Masters and here I am, doing a Master.
2. You don't always have to talk to friends to be good friends. I talk to some of my best friends rarely due to being busy. That doesn't make them bad friends, it just means that when we talk we can go back to normal without it being awkward.
3. Happiness isn't a given thing just because you have everything you need.
4. It's ok to be depressed. It is nothing to be ashamed of and it's not your fault. It's simply an inbalance in your brain.
5. Some people aren't worth to have in your life. It doesn't matter if they are good people, if they contribute with bad energy to your life then you need to say goodbye.
6. Having goals will make it easier to achieve things in life. It gives you something to work for instead of just doing things for the sake of doing something.
7. Don't let someone else tell you it's impossible. You decide if you want to try doing something. No one else.
8. Age doesn't determine how mature you are. I've met people my age that behave like 10 and some that behave like 80. Maturity is determined by what you've learnt and experienced in life.
9. Don't blame others if it isn't their fault -It's easy to blame other people when things go wrong but sometimes it might actually be your fault, or no one's for that matter.
10. Don't regret your past. It has made you the person you are today and even if that's a person you don't like your past isn't to blame. You can only blame what you've done with it.
11. Sometimes honesty hurts but needs to be said.
12. It's ok to be lazy a day or two. We all need a break sometimes and if that means watching TV a whole day then that's acceptable.
13. Love isn't always mutual but that doesn't mean the other person doesn't care. We can't control how we feel so there's no point blaming someone for not loving you back.
14. Life isn't about how other people look at you. It's about how you look at yourself and what you are going to do to be perceived as yourself.
15. People are usually good at giving advice but not to follow their own. It's easy to tell other people how to deal with a certain issue but when you're in that position yourself you have no idea what to do.
16. Let the people around you know that you appreciate them. Don't make your friends feel that you don't notice what they do for you because one day they'll stop.
17. Don't make up excuses. If you do something that is wrong, admit it. No one wants to hear a lie about why you don't do what you say you will.
18. Don't be afraid to have your own opinion even if that means disagreeing with everyone in the room.
19. Don't rush with decisions, coursework, food, well anything. We have plenty of time in the world if we just spend it on the right things but rushing things won't make them better. Take your time and make sure you're doing the right thing.
20. Appreciate what you have instead of constantly wishing for more because sometimes you might realise that you have everything you need.
21. Explore the world. Not just in the sense that you should travel but find new ways to do things, learn about other cultures and open up your mind.
22. In the end my birthday only makes me one day older. We need to learn new things everyday and aim to become better people. This should be done all the time and not just once a year.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Thought on friendship

I have now finished my first year of university. It is a strange feeling knowing that in two years time I will be done with university and moving on with my life but it is also a good feeling knowing I've been through another year filled with experiences and new insight on life. One thing I knew before university but never really appreciated as much as now was the value of friendship. This year I've made friends that I want to make an effort to keep in touch with. I had fight with friends but sorted it out because it was more important to me than leaving it and just staying friends with the people I got along with and the most important thing, I've learnt who I can trust. Being a friend is not just finding someone else funny and listening to them talking about interesting things, it is also about hearing someone complaining about the same thing over and over even though you give them advice what to do. It is accepting that this person might never take your advice but you w

To me he is Sméagol

After finishing Lord of The Rings and the Hobbit my attitude towards the books is easy to describe; I'm in love with the books. As much as it is a struggle to get through Lord of The Rings I enjoyed every word of it and the Hobbit only made me like J.R.R Tolkien even more. One thing that made me love the books was Sméagol (Gollum). The character added a lot of entertainment but also food for thought in so many ways. We are constantly thrown between Sméagol and Gollum and the inner fight he has with himself of what he is. The reason for me feeling so connected to Sméagol is probably due to the fact that I believe everyone can relate to the feelings he is going through, especially in the society now-a-days where we often let our urge of having something can lead to us changing our behavior completely. Sméagol is one of the few characters in the book that is not purely good or bad, he switches between the two, in extreme ways. As strange as it might sound, he is just an exaggerated

Dear my unborn child

For almost nine months I've been carrying you. When I learnt that I was going to become a mother I was excited, confused and scared at the same time. How would I be able to bring a child into this world where there is so much hatred, war and horrible things happening. Little did I know. I wasn't bringing this child into a world with all that. I'll be bringing you into a world where we are fighting a war against something this world hasn't experienced before. You will be born into a world where hundreds of people even thousands die on a daily basis because of a virus, something unstoppable that has created a world where people are afraid of walking side by side. Where someone coughs and everyone around him moves away. People can't leave their houses without the fear of getting ill. You will be born into a world where no one goes safe. I always dreamt about holding you in my arms for the first time. Your grandparents meeting you and my friends and family seeing you f