Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Because I'm worth it

L'Oréal has told me that I'm worth it many a time. Everytime I see an advert they try to convince me that I'm worth it. What IT is has remained a mystery to me. A new hair color? Better skin? Makeup that stays on for longer? Or maybe they are on about something completely different. So instead of taking this slogan and trying to find L'Oréal's meaning behind it I have adapted my own.
My last blog post was an exception to my rule about me not writing about personal things on the blog. This was my second exception in about a month and it seems like I am making my 3rd exception now but I've realised that being personal and sharing your own experience can have a positive effect on people. So first of all I want to thank the people that have showed their support after reading my last post. I wasn't expecting people to be understanding but I have received a few reactions, all of them being supportive.


So how am I going to make the exception this time? Well let me tell you, I am going to explain to you all why I am worth it. And I am going to tell you what IT means to me. After going through several things in my life that I wish no one has to go through or feel I finally come to realise that we all deserve to be happy and we deserve to live our lives without having other people interfering and making us feel that life isn't worth living. Most of us have probably felt that, some of us more than others. I've felt it every day for over a month but as I am writing this I am finding more and more reason to work hard to stop thinking that. I deserve being happy and living my life. I am worth IT.
I've been told by many people that I should find what makes me happy in life. To me that has meant that I'm suppose to find the people that make me happy, hobbies that make me smile and accomplish things in life that make me feel that my life is worth living. In my, so far, quite short life I have had those things. I've made friends that I know stand by me, found hobbies I enjoy and accomplish things that prove that my life can be worth something. But I've also experienced the opposite and instead of realising that the negative things in my life are inevitable I have gotten stuck and decided to ignore all the positive things instead. But that's not the way to live your life.
People come and go in your life and as much as you don't want to admit it, they change you. Some more than others. I've recently had two people in my life going, one that made me happy and one that made me miserable. In the end the person that made me happy made me more miserable by going than the person that made me miserable from the beginning. Looking back at it, it doesn't make sense. Yes, it's hard to see someone that made you happy going but the fact that the person is leaving means that he won't be the source of your happiness anymore and you need to accept it. You need to be open to find other sources of happiness. Whilst when someone who has made you miserable disappears you won't miss him. He is leaving a space to fill that was already there and therefore you won't feel empty. But both these people have been in your life and they have affected you. When they leave you change and you realise that the space they've left can't be filled with something else except for what you've learnt by having them in your life. However, you deserve to move on with your life and not make these people make you miserable. Why? Because you're worth it.
Everyone also experiences setbacks in life. You don't get in to the university you want, get rejected by a job, don't get the First you expected...yeah, I think you get the point. These setbacks are hard to deal with. It makes you wonder why other people can do it but you can't. Is it because you aren't as good as them? Let me tell you the truth, in some cases you might actually not be as good as the person who did better or got the job you applied for. That makes them better at that specific thing, not everything in life. Setbacks aren't meant for us to go and hide in our rooms. I would say it's there for us to learn but I'm not going to lie, it's there for us because life doesn't always go our way and we aren't in control over everything that affects our lives. But we are in control of one thing, what we do when we meet a challenge. Either we go and cry (which I've done many times) or we continue working towards our goals and apply to another job (which I've also done). Believe me, the latter feels so much better. And why should we do it? Because we're worth it.
We only live once. There will be people trying to push you down. There will be things making you believe you're not good enough but it's not worth dwelling on these things. I would know, I've done it too many times and it hasn't helped. No, instead I have decided that L'Oréal has taught me more than Nike has. Just doing things isn't enough in life. We need to do things because we deserve being happy. As hard as I feel that it is sometimes to just let things go and live my life, I've decided that is what I have to do. Why? Because I'm worth it.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Thought on friendship

I have now finished my first year of university. It is a strange feeling knowing that in two years time I will be done with university and moving on with my life but it is also a good feeling knowing I've been through another year filled with experiences and new insight on life. One thing I knew before university but never really appreciated as much as now was the value of friendship. This year I've made friends that I want to make an effort to keep in touch with. I had fight with friends but sorted it out because it was more important to me than leaving it and just staying friends with the people I got along with and the most important thing, I've learnt who I can trust. Being a friend is not just finding someone else funny and listening to them talking about interesting things, it is also about hearing someone complaining about the same thing over and over even though you give them advice what to do. It is accepting that this person might never take your advice but you w

To me he is Sméagol

After finishing Lord of The Rings and the Hobbit my attitude towards the books is easy to describe; I'm in love with the books. As much as it is a struggle to get through Lord of The Rings I enjoyed every word of it and the Hobbit only made me like J.R.R Tolkien even more. One thing that made me love the books was Sméagol (Gollum). The character added a lot of entertainment but also food for thought in so many ways. We are constantly thrown between Sméagol and Gollum and the inner fight he has with himself of what he is. The reason for me feeling so connected to Sméagol is probably due to the fact that I believe everyone can relate to the feelings he is going through, especially in the society now-a-days where we often let our urge of having something can lead to us changing our behavior completely. Sméagol is one of the few characters in the book that is not purely good or bad, he switches between the two, in extreme ways. As strange as it might sound, he is just an exaggerated

Dear my unborn child

For almost nine months I've been carrying you. When I learnt that I was going to become a mother I was excited, confused and scared at the same time. How would I be able to bring a child into this world where there is so much hatred, war and horrible things happening. Little did I know. I wasn't bringing this child into a world with all that. I'll be bringing you into a world where we are fighting a war against something this world hasn't experienced before. You will be born into a world where hundreds of people even thousands die on a daily basis because of a virus, something unstoppable that has created a world where people are afraid of walking side by side. Where someone coughs and everyone around him moves away. People can't leave their houses without the fear of getting ill. You will be born into a world where no one goes safe. I always dreamt about holding you in my arms for the first time. Your grandparents meeting you and my friends and family seeing you f