Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

Kol hakavod leTzahal.

For you people who don't understand the title, this post might make you disagree with me or make you think I'm trying to defend Israel but that is not my aim. The title means good job IDF and is used quite often to show the respect to the soldiers and your sympathy.
At the moment there is a war outbreaking in Israel and Hamas declared war today. For most people this is just like any other day, Israel and Hamas are fighting, so what? But other people will get involved and comment on the situation. Some people will say that Israel is killing innocent people and some people will say that Israel is just defending themselves. I am usually one of those that try to say that Israel has the right to defend themselves which I still stand for. However, I want to say that I will never try to defend innocent people dying since that is unfortunate whether it is in Israel or anywhere else but is the terrible result of war.
The situation in Israel is not easy. Many people suffer on both sides unfortunately but this has lead to people all over the world being worried and lying awake because they don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. I am not trying to tell anyone which side they should take because I'm taking the innocent people's side but I'm trying to explain what makes this conflict more complicated than many of you thought of.
In the south of Israel people are now in bombshelters and hoping to get some sleep with the hope that they tomorrow will be able to return to their homes. They are sleeping there because they have rockets fired at them constantly. Their kids won't go to school tomorrow because they can't risk having 30 kids only having 15 seconds to run to the bombshelter to stay alive.
All around the country there are mother and fathers lying awake thinking about their 18 year old kids in the army, having to defend the country and risk their lives for Israel. Some of them have to kiss their kids goodbye without the security of seeing them again.
In Petach Tikva a woman 8 months pregnant with her first child is going to bed with the fear everytime the phone rings that it is the army telling her husband that he needs to go to war. She is afraid her husband won't be there when they have their first kid. The fear that the child won't have the father there in the beginning of its life.
In Netanya a 23 year old boy is sitting up studying hoping to start university next year and start his life but is trying to get all the time he has to learn since he doesn't know when he needs to leave his home and fight against terrorism. And all around the world friends and family of Israelis are worried about losing their loved ones, not necessarely forever but guaranteed for a while when they are risking their lives to keep other people safe.
These are just a few examples of what Israelis are experiencing at the moment.
My thoughts go out to all these people, the soldiers, the innocent people and everyone connected to them. What they are doing is honorable. They are risking their lives for you and me, I thank them for that. Kol hakavod leTzahal! PLEASE STAY SAFE!

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Thought on friendship

I have now finished my first year of university. It is a strange feeling knowing that in two years time I will be done with university and moving on with my life but it is also a good feeling knowing I've been through another year filled with experiences and new insight on life. One thing I knew before university but never really appreciated as much as now was the value of friendship. This year I've made friends that I want to make an effort to keep in touch with. I had fight with friends but sorted it out because it was more important to me than leaving it and just staying friends with the people I got along with and the most important thing, I've learnt who I can trust. Being a friend is not just finding someone else funny and listening to them talking about interesting things, it is also about hearing someone complaining about the same thing over and over even though you give them advice what to do. It is accepting that this person might never take your advice but you w

To me he is Sméagol

After finishing Lord of The Rings and the Hobbit my attitude towards the books is easy to describe; I'm in love with the books. As much as it is a struggle to get through Lord of The Rings I enjoyed every word of it and the Hobbit only made me like J.R.R Tolkien even more. One thing that made me love the books was Sméagol (Gollum). The character added a lot of entertainment but also food for thought in so many ways. We are constantly thrown between Sméagol and Gollum and the inner fight he has with himself of what he is. The reason for me feeling so connected to Sméagol is probably due to the fact that I believe everyone can relate to the feelings he is going through, especially in the society now-a-days where we often let our urge of having something can lead to us changing our behavior completely. Sméagol is one of the few characters in the book that is not purely good or bad, he switches between the two, in extreme ways. As strange as it might sound, he is just an exaggerated

Dear my unborn child

For almost nine months I've been carrying you. When I learnt that I was going to become a mother I was excited, confused and scared at the same time. How would I be able to bring a child into this world where there is so much hatred, war and horrible things happening. Little did I know. I wasn't bringing this child into a world with all that. I'll be bringing you into a world where we are fighting a war against something this world hasn't experienced before. You will be born into a world where hundreds of people even thousands die on a daily basis because of a virus, something unstoppable that has created a world where people are afraid of walking side by side. Where someone coughs and everyone around him moves away. People can't leave their houses without the fear of getting ill. You will be born into a world where no one goes safe. I always dreamt about holding you in my arms for the first time. Your grandparents meeting you and my friends and family seeing you f